Deloitte Open Team Competition
Celebrate the opening of the spring running season in Chicago with your friends! Enhance your race day experience at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K by joining the Deloitte Open Team Competition.
The team competition adds an extra element of fun and competitiveness to race day. The team competition is free and offers three divisions: Competitive, for competitive runners, Recreational, for runners of all abilities, and Corporate, for teams of employees from the same company. The top three teams in each division and category (Male, Female, Mixed) receive a team plaque.
Create a team
- Visit the Deloitte Open Team Competition registration page to create your team for the 2018 event.
- Teams registered by 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Friday, March 2 will receive custom team bibs printed with the team name for each member to wear during the event. Teams registered prior to the team bib deadline may pick up their team bibs Friday, March 23 and Saturday, March 24 at the Participant Services counter at Packet pick-up.
- Teams must be registered online no later than 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Saturday, March 24.
Team roster changes
- Teams can only substitute team members for participants who are currently registered for the 8K (the Shamrock Shuffle does not permit late entries, bib transfers or sale of bibs; the team competition is not an entry into the race).
- Changes to a team roster must be made online no later than 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time), Saturday, March 24, 2018.
- Visit the Deloitte Open Team Competition registration page to make changes to your team roster.
2018 Team competition details
- The team competition is free of charge for all participants currently registered in the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K.
- Teams compete in one of three divisions: Competitive, Recreational and Corporate.
- Teams must have a minimum of four and a maximum of ten members.
- Competitive teams are scored by participant finish time and Recreational teams and Corporate teams are scored by participant age group finish.
- Competitive teams, Recreational teams and Corporate teams compete in one of three categories: male, female and mixed.
- Awards are given to finishers the top three scoring teams in each category in the Competitive, Recreational and Corporate divisions.
- Participants of teams in the team competition are not guaranteed placement together in a corral.
- View team competition rules.
- View team competition scoring details and examples.
For questions regarding the team competition please email firstname.lastname@example.org.