Join the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle race weekend excitement by tackling a shorter distance and taking part in The Mile event on Saturday, March 19, 2022. The Mile will welcome runners of all abilities from the next generation of shufflers to local elites on a course that weaves through Grant Park.
The Mile will feature waves that highlight the diverse nature of Chicago’s running community.
- Recreational: Join friends and family for a run through Chicago’s Grant Park.
- Competitive: Compete against runners from the Chicago area and across the Midwest. The suggested mile pace for this wave is under 8 min/mile.
- Elite: This invitational wave will feature local elite runners.
Participants will receive a 2022 race shirt and an event bib and timing device.
Registration for the 2022 event is open.
The entry fee for The Mile is $25. Participants between the ages of 8 and 12 have access to $15 youth entry fee.
Registration is available on a first-come first-served basis.Register
Athletes with Disabilities Program
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle strives to provide accessibility for all athletes with disabilities through our Athletes with Disabilities Program. This program is open to all athletes with a permanent physical disability. Learn more about the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Athletes with Disabilities Program.
Event entry requirements
- Registrants for The Mile must be capable of maintaining a 20:00/mile pace.
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older on event day. Participants under 18 years of age must have a statement signed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
- All participants acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists and is beyond the control of Event Organizers. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
- Read the official event rules.
Bib and t-shirt pick-up for The Mile will take place on Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19 in Grant Park. You must pick up your items in advance of your wave start on Saturday. The start area will close 5 minutes prior to the start of each wave.
Friday, March 18
11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, March 19
8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, March 19
Grant Park, Chicago
9:30 a.m. – Bib and t-shirt pick-up opens
9:30 a.m. – Gear check opens
11:00 a.m. – Recreational wave start
11:40 a.m. – Competitive wave start
12:00 p.m. – Elite wave start
12:00 p.m. – Awards ceremony (immediately following the conclusion of the Elite Wave)
12:30 p.m. – Gear check closes
*Times subject to change.
Prohibited devices on course
Wheeled devices are not permitted for use on The Mile course by anyone other than registered and authorized wheelchair, handcycle or duo team participant. Prohibited wheeled devices include non-registered wheelchairs and handcycles, baby joggers, strollers, skateboards, rollerblades and bicycles.
The use of selfie-sticks, camera mounts, video devices, computers or any similar devices by anyone while participating in the event is prohibited.
Music devices with headphones are permitted for use on the course; however, participants must be alert to their surroundings at all times and must pay attention to important announcements made in Grant Park and along the course.
Per USATF rules, participants competing for awards, medals, or prize money in the individual elite field are prohibited from using personal listening/music devices.