Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K runners are assigned to a start corral based on the expected pace per mile and finish time provided on their applications.
Start corral assignments
All runners are assigned to a start corral and a start wave. Runners are placed into start corrals based on qualifying times and estimated times provided on their applications. View your final start corral assignment.
- Runners in the Elite Corral (Deloitte Elite Club Competition teams and elite runners) will check their gear at the Deloitte Elite Club Competition Tent and will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Runners in Wave 1—those assigned to Start Corrals A, B, C and D—will check their gear at Red Gear Check and will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Runners in Wave 2—those assigned to Start Corrals E, F, G and H —will check their gear at Blue Gear Check and will start at 9 a.m.
The Elite start is positioned at the front of the field and designed to recognize the top entrants in the 2019 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K. Runners can qualify for the elite start in one of four ways:
- Based on their performance in the 2017 or 2018 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
- Based on a qualifying time from a recent 5K, 4-mile, 8K, 10K, 15K, 10-mile, half marathon or marathon performance (run on or after January 1, 2018)
- Participants must provide proof of qualification (event name, date, distance and finishing time) at the point of registration
- Results must meet the elite corral qualification standards listed in the table above.
Frequently asked questions
What are start corrals?
Start corrals are designated start areas designed to facilitate a more efficient and convenient race start for all runners. The elite corral is assigned based on a runner’s accepted qualifying time. Wave 1 and Wave 2 start corrals are assigned based on a runner’s expected finish time.
How do I know my start corral assignment?
You will be able to view your start corral assignment by logging in to your Participant Account.
You will also receive an email race week indicating your event bib number and final corral assignment.
Can I switch from one start corral to another?
You may request a change to your start corral assignment by emailing email@example.com. The deadline to request a start corral assignment change is Thursday, March 7, at 2 p.m.
Can I request to be assigned to the same corral as someone else? If you plan to run with a friend, family member or teammate, make sure that you both submit the same expected finish time.
I submitted a qualifying time by email. Will I receive confirmation that my start corral has been changed?
No. You will not receive confirmation that your start corral has been changed. You must verify the change has been made by viewing your corral assignment online within your Participant Account. Please note that the change will not be automatic, as qualifying times and corral availability must be confirmed.
What is considered acceptable proof of a qualifying time for the elite corral?
Proof of a qualifying time may be submitted in the form of a finisher’s certificate or link to an online results page. Results must be from an event (5K, 4-mile, 8K, 10K, 15K, 10-mile, half marathon or marathon) completed on or after January 1, 2017, and must meet the elite corral qualification standards listed in the table above.
Are start corral assignments guaranteed?
Start corral assignments are not guaranteed. Corrals are filled on a first-come, first-served basis until they reach their respective capacities.