Deloitte Open Team Competition
Celebrate the opening of the spring running season in Chicago with your friends! Enhance your race day experience at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle by joining the Deloitte Open Team Competition.
The 8K team competition adds an extra element of fun and competitiveness to race day. The team competition is free and offers three divisions: Competitive, for competitive runners, Recreational, for runners of all abilities, and Corporate, for teams of employees from the same company. The top three teams in each division and category (Male, Female, Mixed) receive a team plaque.
Create a team
- Visit the Deloitte Open Team Competition registration page to create your team for the 2020 event.
- Participants in the team competition must first be registered for the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle. Please allow 3 business days after event registration is complete before attempting to add participants to a team.
- Teams registered by 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Monday, February 24 will receive custom team bibs printed with the team name for each member to wear during the event.
- All teams must be registered online no later than 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Saturday, March 21.
Team roster changes
- Teams can only substitute team members for participants who are currently registered for the 8K (the Shamrock Shuffle does not permit late entries, bib transfers or sale of bibs; the team competition is not an entry into the race).
- Changes to a team roster must be made online no later than 5 p.m. (U.S. Central Time), Saturday, March 21.
- Visit the Deloitte Open Team Competition registration page to make changes to your team roster.
2020 Team competition details
- The team competition is free of charge for all participants currently registered for the 8K at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle.
- Teams compete in one of three divisions: Competitive, Recreational and Corporate.
- Teams must have a minimum of four and a maximum of ten members.
- Competitive teams are scored by participant finish time and Recreational teams and Corporate teams are scored by participant age group finish.
- Competitive teams, Recreational teams, and Corporate teams compete in one of three categories: male, female and mixed.
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of two (2) male participants and two (2) female participants.
- Awards are given to finishers the top three scoring teams in each category in the Competitive, Recreational, and Corporate divisions.
- Participants of teams in the team competition are not guaranteed placement together in a corral.
- View team competition rules (.pdf)
- View team competition scoring details and examples (.pdf)
For questions regarding the team competition please email email@example.com.