Virtual event rules
Virtual event rules applicable to all participants
The following rules are intended to help to ensure the safety of all participants.
- To register, participants must be 8 years of age or older on Event day. Registrants under 18 years of age must have the registration form completed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
- Each participant must read and agree to/sign an event waiver before participating in the event. A parent or legal guardian must complete the registration form and agree to/sign the event waiver for registrants under 18 years of age. The age minimum applies to all forms of entry and event participation.
- Participant event entries may not be exchanged, transferred or sold to any other person.
- The sale, trade and/or transfer of event entries is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- All event entry fees and ancillary purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable under any and all circumstances.
- Participants will receive their participant items in the mail at the physical address provided at the point of registration. Please note that merchandise cannot be shipped to a PO Box or APO Box.
- Participants may select to compete in the Athletes with Disabilities category as a wheelchair (all classes), or a duo team. See the following link for further information on the Athletes with Disabilities event rules and policies.
- Participants may compete in the gender category with which they identify without any need for disclosure of information or other requirements.
- Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established participant capacity.
- There is no designated start, finish, or course route.
- There are no medical services arranged or provided for during the event.
- There are no support services arranged for the event, including hydration/electrolyte replacement/energy supplements and artificial cooling methods (sponges, misting stations).
- Each participant must participate in the event based solely on personal preference and capability (pace, cadence, aerobic threshold), and only if physically fit, healthy, and sufficiently trained.
- Each participant must be responsible for continuously monitoring their exertion during the event, and seeking appropriate medical attention, including by calling EMS if required.
- Participants must follow government mandated physical distancing practices.
- Participants must follow all applicable laws, and generally use safe pedestrian practices when on streets and roadways.
- Participants must sufficiently hydrate prior to and while participating in the event.
- Participants must stop participating in the event if it becomes dangerous or unsafe to continue.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
- The use of wheeled devices by participants shall be limited to registered wheelchair and duo team participants. Jogging strollers are permitted for the virtual event. Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, or any other wheeled devices are not permitted.
- Participants must participate in the virtual event during the official recognized start and end times.
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of event organizers or who conducts themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language may be disqualified from the event and from future participation at the discretion of event organizers.
- Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- No prizes will be awarded based on results, regardless of where posted.
- Participation is not for official results and cannot be used as a qualifying time for other events.
- Participants submit results proof through their participant account by the communicated deadline in order to be listed in the event results.
- Participants track their own times and completion is based on the honor system. After completing the event, participants submit their own time in their participant account.
- Results deemed inaccurate may be hidden or removed from results.
- Times for completing the distance using a wheeled device will only be permitted for those competing in the Athletes with Disabilities category as a wheelchair participant or a duo team.
- Any individual requesting a waiver of any of these rules must submit a written request no less than 30 days prior to the event date specifying the nature of and reasons for the request.
Amendments / reservations / acknowledgements
- Event organizers reserve the right to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, may result in disqualification from the event results and from future participation at the discretion of event organizers.