Continue the St. Patrick’s Day celebration and kick off your spring racing season with the Shamrock Shuffle on Sunday, April 2! The Shamrock Shuffle is one of Chicago’s best running events, with a one-of-a-kind course that weaves its way through Chicago’s Loop, starting and finishing in Grant Park.
Sign up early and save!
Registration for the 2017 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K run and 2 mile walk is now open. Click here to sign up today!
Runners who sign up early will save! The 2017 8K run entry fee will increase the closer we get to race day. If you’re interested in running with us on Sunday, April 2, sign up early to receive special discounted pricing.
$40 entry fee: September 13 – September 20 – SOLD OUT
$45 entry fee: September 21 – January 8
$50 entry fee: January 9 – March 17
$55 entry fee: March 18 – March 29
NEW IN 2017!
Get your bib number mailed to you!
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K will mail a limited number of bib numbers to participants for the 2017 event. This will be an option at the point of registration and will be available only to the first 5,000 registrants who select to have their bib number mailed.* Participants who opt to have their bib number mailed, will be able to pick up their Nike participant running shirt on race day.
* There is an additional $15 charge for this option.
Introducing the 2 mile Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle walk
The 2017 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K will host a 2 mile untimed walk. Walkers will be treated to a scenic 2 mile course along Chicago’s lakefront, starting and finishing in the same location as the 8K run. The walk is a perfect introduction to the Shamrock Shuffle and is ideal for aspiring runners or those looking to take part in the celebration without tackling an 8K (4.97 miles).
Registration for the walk will close once the event has reached the 1,500-person capacity.
What you’ll get
- 2017 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K Nike race shirt
- A drink ticket for one (1) Michelob ULTRA* at the Post-Race Party
- An official finisher’s medal
- Event bib number and timing device**
- One (1) Michelob ULTRA* at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen after party
* You must be 21 years or older with a valid ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages at the Post-Race Party and the race after party at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen.
** Note timing devices are only applicable to the 8K run event. The 2 mile walk is an untimed event.
Athletes with Disabilities Program
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K strives to provide accessibility for all athletes with disabilities through our Athletes with Disabilities Program. This program is open to all athletes with a permanent physical disability. For more information on the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K Athletes with Disabilities Program click here.
Event entry requirements
- Registrants for the 8K run must be capable of maintaining a 15:00/mile pace. Completing the full event distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 1 hour and 15 minutes (h:mm:ss/1:15:59).
- Registrants for the 2 mile walk must be capable of maintaining a 30:00/mile pace. Completing the full event distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 1 hour (h:mm:ss/1:00:59).
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older on event day. Participants under 18 years of age must have a statement signed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred toward a future event.
- Read Official Event Rules and Guidelines.