Continue the St. Patrick’s Day celebration and kick off your spring racing season with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle on Sunday, March 24! The Shamrock Shuffle is one of Chicago’s best running events, with a one-of-a-kind course that weaves its way through Chicago’s Loop, starting and finishing in Grant Park.
Registration for the 40th anniversary of the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K run and 2-mile walk is now open.
Runners who sign up early will save! The 2019 8K run entry fee will increase the closer we get to race day. If you’re interested in running with us on Sunday, March 24, sign up early to receive special discounted pricing.
What you’ll get:
- 2019 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Nike race shirt
- A drink ticket for one (1) Michelob ULTRA* at the Post-Race Party
- An official finisher’s medal
- Event bib number and timing device
- One (1) Michelob ULTRA* at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen after party
* You must be 21 years or older with a valid ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages at the Post-Race Party and the race after party at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen.
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle will mail a limited number of packets to participants for the 2019 event. This will be an option for participants at the point of registration and will only be available to the first 5,000 people who select to have their packets mailed. The packet mailing option includes the shipment of your event bib number, participant t-shirt and promotional item.
There is an additional $15 charge for this option.
Run and donate
Participants who sign up for the 8K run will have the opportunity to select “8K Charity” during the registration process. Runners who select this option will pay the full $55 entry fee. The difference between the discounted rate at that time and the $55 entry fee will be donated to a Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle charity of their choice.
Runners who don’t select this option, will also have the opportunity to give a donation as a part of the 8K run and 2 mile walk registration forms
If you are signed up to participate in the 2019 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle, you can access important event information related to your registration through your Participant account. Upon logging into your account, you can view and update registration information including, but not limited to, your address, phone number and expected finish time.
Are you planning to run with a group of friends or coworkers? Email a member of our registration team firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our group registration opportunities.
Bookmark your 2019 racing season with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle and the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Shufflers who have completed the 8K run four or more times since 2008 and sign up to run the 2019 race will be eligible to receive a guaranteed entry into the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. This opportunity will be available to the first 1,000 runners who submitted an application for the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon through the Shamrock Shuffle guaranteed entry application and qualify for an entry through this track. Upon verification (within seven business days), runners will be notified via email on how to access their guaranteed entry for the 2019 Chicago Marathon.
Learn more at chicagomarathon.com.
Athletes with Disabilities Program
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle strives to provide accessibility for all athletes with disabilities through our Athletes with Disabilities Program. This program is open to all athletes with a permanent physical disability. For more information on the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Athletes with Disabilities Program
Event entry requirements
- Registrants for the 8K run must be capable of maintaining a 15:00/mile pace. Completing the full event distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 1 hour and 15 minutes (h:mm:ss/1:15:59).
- Registrants for the 2-mile walk must be capable of maintaining a 30:00/mile pace. Completing the full event distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 1 hour (h:mm:ss/1:00:59).
- To register, participants must be 8 years of age or older on event day. Registrants under 18 years of age must have the registration form completed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred toward a future event.
- Read the official event rules.