Join the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle race weekend excitement by tackling a shorter distance and taking part in The Mile event on Saturday, March 23. The Mile will welcome runners of all abilities from the next generation of shufflers to local elites on a course that weaves through Grant Park.
Registration for The Mile is now open and will close once the event has reached the 1,500-person capacity. Learn more about the inaugural event below.
Registration is now open for The Mile event. The race will feature four waves that highlight the diverse nature of Chicago’s running community. Registration will close as waves reach their capacities.
- Recreational: Join friends and family for a run through Chicago’s Grant Park.
- Competitive Masters: Runners 40 years and older can race against their fellow Masters runners. The suggested mile pace for this wave is under 8 min/mile.
- Competitive: Compete against runners from the Chicago area and across the Midwest. The suggested mile pace for this wave is under 8 min/mile.
- Elite: This invitational wave will feature local elite runners.
Runners will receive a 2019 race shirt and an event bib and timing device.Sign up now!
Athletes with Disabilities Program
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle strives to provide accessibility for all athletes with disabilities through our Athletes with Disabilities Program. This program is open to all athletes with a permanent physical disability. Learn more information on the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle Athletes with Disabilities Program.
Event entry requirements
- Registrants for The Mile must be capable of maintaining a 20:00/mile pace. Completing the full event distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement (hh:mm:ss/00:20:59).
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older on event day. Participants under 18 years of age must have a statement signed by a parent or legal guardian permitting participation.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred toward a future event.
- Read the official event rules.
Bib and t-shirt pick-up will take place on the Friday and Saturday of race weekend.
Friday, March 22
McCormick Place, Skyline Ballroom (2301 South Indiana Avenue)
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, March 23
Grant Park, Butler Field (Southwest corner of Jackson and Columbus Drive)
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, March 23
Grant Park, Chicago
9:30 a.m. – Bib and t-shirt pick-up opens
9:30 a.m. – Gear check opens
11:00 a.m. – Recreational wave start
11:20 a.m. – Competitive Masters wave start
11:45 a.m. – Competitive wave start
12:00 p.m. – Elite wave start
12:30 p.m. – Gear check closes
12:30 p.m. – Awards ceremony
*Times subject to change.
Prohibited devices on course
Wheeled devices are not permitted for use on The Mile course by anyone other than registered and authorized wheelchair, handcycle or duo team participant. Prohibited wheeled devices include non-registered wheelchairs and handcycles, baby joggers, strollers, skateboards, rollerblades and bicycles.
The use of selfie-sticks, camera mounts, video devices, computers or any similar devices by anyone while participating in the event is prohibited.
Music devices with headphones are permitted for use on the course; however, participants must be alert to their surroundings at all times and must pay attention to important announcements made in Grant Park and along the course.
Per USATF rules, participants competing for awards, medals, or prize money in the individual elite field are prohibited from using personal listening/music devices.