Volunteer group leaders
The group leader application for the 2020 event will open in late January. Complete the interest form at shamrockshuffle.com/volunteer to receive an email when the application opens.
Prior to applying, please review the volunteer policies and the following reminders:
- Group leaders are expected to bring a minimum of 15 volunteers. In order to qualify for a donation, groups must bring a minimum of 25 volunteers.
- All volunteers must register online individually by Monday, March 16, 11:59 p.m.
- All volunteers must be 16 years or older on the day of the event
- All volunteers must present a form of photo identification at Volunteer Check-In
Group leader responsibilities
- Communicate clearly with your group about the specifics of the volunteer role.
- Monitor your volunteer group members individual registration through your volunteer account at shamrockshuffle.com/volunteerlogin.
- Make sure all volunteers bring valid photo identification. School IDs are accepted.
- Arrive early, as there will be enhanced security and bag screening throughout the event to access packet pick-up, Grant Park and the race course.
- Stay until assignment is complete and your volunteer group has fulfilled their role honestly. If you cannot commit to the full shift time, please contact the Volunteer Team to look into different volunteer opportunities.
- Group recruitment commitment – If you are unable to recruit the requested number of volunteers, please notify the Volunteer Team as soon as possible so additional volunteers can be recruited. Sufficient staffing is critical to the success of the event.
- Volunteer groups with minors – One adult chaperone is required for every 10 volunteers between the ages of 16 to 18 to ensure sufficient supervision. Chaperones must, without exception, be 21 years of age or older, and they must register online with their group.
Group leader application
Please allow for one week after the application is submitted to receive your group’s specific assignment. Once you receive your assignment, all group members must register online individually by the registration deadline.
Volunteer group donations
We understand the time and effort involved in coordinating a group of volunteers. We would like to recognize qualifying groups with a modest donation. For more information and required paperwork, please visit the volunteer group donations page.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.992.6623.