KEY VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Key volunteers help fulfill critical leadership and management roles on race weekend. Becoming a key volunteer is a great opportunity for people looking to translate their experience, enthusiasm and passion into a high-level commitment to the event. Applicants must have previous volunteer experience with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle or another large road racing event.
- Are enthusiastic and dedicated individuals who want to gain more experience with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle.
- Help manage, lead and instruct groups of volunteers, often in conjunction with a team of fellow key volunteers and event staff.
- Commit additional time to the event for pre-race trainings (virtual or in-person) and race weekend setup as needed.
- Assist with race operations, processes and organization. Some key volunteers do not manage other groups of volunteers.
- Have previous volunteer experience with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle, Bank of America Chicago 13.1, Bank of America Chicago Marathon or another major racing event.
Key volunteers assigned to packet pick-up or race day must be available on the following dates:
- Thursday, March 21: Setup (optional)
- Friday, March 22: Packet Pick-up from 8:15 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23: Packet Pick-up from 6:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Applicants must be available for the entirety of both Friday and Saturday.
- Saturday, March 23: Approximately 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K Run and 2-Mile Walk
- Saturday, March 23: Grant Park walk-through (applies to some positions)
- Sunday, March 24: Shifts begin as early as 4 a.m. and last 6-8 hours.
Visit the key volunteer roles page to review descriptions of each key volunteer role.
In order to gain an understanding of the expectations set forth for all event volunteers, please review the volunteer policies before applying.
New applicants and returning applicants requesting different role assignments will receive a phone call to further discuss their interest in the event, their relevant experience and where their talents can best be utilized race weekend. All applicants will be assigned based on event needs, qualifications, experience and availability, and assignments may differ from historical placement for returning key volunteers. Please note that the number of applicants often exceeds the number of key volunteer roles available.
In order to provide assignments and training before the event, the deadline to apply as a key volunteer is Friday, February 16.
If a general volunteer role better suits your schedule, please visit the volunteer information page to view opportunities and register.